Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Doctor Offices URGH!

In a bid to lower my blood pressure I thought I'd post today's joy in adoptive parenting....bitter towards the world....right now you bet!

Today we made an attempt at the dentist office with Eli to have a baby tooth pulled. Our pediatric dentist is wonderful but the fear Eli has of dentists is huge and she couldn't do it. Now we have to go to a pediatric oral surgeon so he can be put under. I guess I was spoiled as all our doctors to this point have been extremely cautious to not add to trauma so when calling to make the appointment I once again explained the adoption and the trauma but ran into an "office manager" who was only interested in insurance and telling me how many times we had to visit before any procedures are done.

I really try to be patient with office people because I am one but this woman would not/did not give a care on how traumatized Eli is by the doctor visits, how far we have to travel, etc. She had her set agenda to how all appointments and referrals are made and let me say she would not deviate. We are stuck which I think is what frustrates me the most. We called our dentist for other referrals but unfortunately this first one seems to be our only pediatric guy who will do sedation. This whole situation leads me straight back to my huge resentment of the medical and dental treatments the boys were subjected to in the Philippines. I try really hard to get past this particular part of their past and try to make myself believe they were treated the best that could be done for where they came from - it doesn't work for me most of the time but I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment