Friday, May 7, 2010

I AM NOT SOCCER MOM MATERIAL!!!

One of the first questions when adopting that the agency should ask and is totally not (at least in my spotty memory) should be: How do you handle tense sporting situations? How would you handle your child being injured by (I am totally understating this as this blog is viewed by children) unsportsmanlike conduct?

I should probably be glad that they didn't ask that question cause my answer would be that my heart would be in my throat, biting my tongue, let my husband go to the field (cause I may injure the little poop who hurt mine and take out a few Dads from the other side who thought the head kick after the ball was dead deserved laughter) and I definitely would fail miserably in not embarrassing my kid during the 1/2 to check out his eye.

The jury is out on whether Eli will be sporting a black eye and a knot on his temple for tomorrow's double header. Lucas, Eli and Mike all assure me that it is fine (the kid got nailed by a soccer ball after the whistle - come on!) and the injury will just make him look tough. Probably will. Eli may have joined some tough boys club with his first soccer injury but this is not a mom who enjoys this at all. Now that I've cleared that from my mind, I will restart my heart and go check him one more time. Wonder how embarrassed he'll be when he reads this when he's 18.

1 comment:

  1. You posted: Wonder how embarrassed he'll be when he reads this when he's 18.

    Oh, I'm pretty sure I can tell you all about that! LOL!

    ReplyDelete