Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Trials and Tribulations of Grandparents Day #1

Today was Grandparents/Special Person Day at school for Lucas and Eli. Mike's parents went in to school for the program and to visit their rooms. Alison went also as a bit of a safety net as this is the first "big" thing that neither Mike nor I were able to attend. Apparently a good thing.

Eli being "the supreme adapt and you'll never see me sweat" kid did well. Lucas had by some accounts a tough day. He doesn't do well with crowds and then he had his heart bruised when a little girl kicked him. (not totally clear on that story ~ will never get the unedited version out of him, probably training me for the teen years).

Then to top it all off it reached the high 80's today and for a kid who never drank milk before the last couple of months, he didn't get the memo about guzzling strawberry milk when you are overheated.....yep it came back for a visit. No details beyond that...first time he's been sick since coming home. He seems fine tonight but we'll see after bedtime as that is when he does his "worried" talking.

I have to say I was pleased to see him sitting on the back step when I pulled in from work waiting to tell me about the day (I'd had a heads up from Alison earlier). Usually we play 20 questions tonight it just took sitting down on the step and all the days problems came out. I'll have to remember this time as I'm sure this too will disappear into the teens.

No comments:

Post a Comment