Friday, April 16, 2010

Mother May I?

That is the game we played in the car tonight. Not on purpose just as a way for Lucas and Eli to try and possibly work something good out of a dreaded car trip (a whole 15 minute car trip mind you).

It started as we passed people walking 4 dogs: 2 huskies, a pug and a very ugly dog resembling a wolf. Rachel makes a comment on the wolf dog and thus Lucas asks for a wolf. "no". Then we see motorcycles, Eli says, "May I have a big motorcycle?" no. Lucas replies, "you get job." Ummm, ok. Then Lucas wants to know, "Mom, may I have a little motorcycle?" Nice try but not on my watch.

There were about another 2 miles worth of this (I'd love to be able to write these car conversations down as I never can remember all of them - can't remember jokes either) their game began to wear a little where upon I believe the words, "Boys if you want to eat at the restaurant stop it." Silence ensued until Lucas pops up with,"Mom may we have food?" Oops bad mom - I always hated that game when I was a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment