Monday, February 15, 2010

Goodnight Mommy and Holding Hands


Well I posted earlier this evening and thought I'd follow it up with something that just happened at the boys' bedtime.


Bedtime is very regimented; bathroom, drinks, lights out, kisses and good night. Same thing, night after night. It has to happen in this order for the boys to be comfortable.

Eli is our son who has not been real comfortable with hugs, snuggling, generally touching. We let him initiate whatever he's comfortable with. It's gotten better and better over the past several months. He comes up and will give us a hug more spontaneously.

Tonight happened to be the night that I was the last one in the room. I gave Lucas his hugs and kiss good night and leaned over to do the same with Eli. Everything as usual except when I went to stand up he grabbed my hand (he's not into holding hands at all) in both of his, pulled me down with our hands to his cheek and just held it there. Pretty soon (not nearly long enough for me) he let go and said goodnight Mommy. At a quick glance it probably doesn't seem like much but in Eli's world pretty bold move. Maybe he knew the "working" mommy needed a little bit extra tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Moments like that are big and so precious. You'll remember that moment forever!

    ReplyDelete