Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bumpy Brain and Road Rash at Burger King?


Today was what has become our Saturday since Eli started playing basketball. We went to his game and afterward Sydney and I went to Omaha on errands while Mike took the boys to Burger King and home.

Tonight at supper Mike says "Ummmm, we got road rash you might want to see." Huh? I know the basketball game was a little rough but didn't remember seeing Eli hit the deck. But not to worry I didn't have long to wait for explanations as Lucas and Eli gave detailed accounts as to how they played in the playground at Burger King where Eli acquired a matching set of elbow road rash. Lucas was not to be outdone because he explained what I believe was his head bouncing off both sides of the tube slide. I stopped trying to understand how this kind of play could be fun or why guys seem to think the more war wounds obtained the better the play time was.

As a side note I've also decided that I have to rearrange our places at the table. Right now I sit between both boys, I'm getting a sore neck as they love to engage in "ping pong" conversation. I realized this is the source of my sore neck when they were recounting their Burger King adventure and I caught sight of my reflection in the window and I looked like one of those bauble headed animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment