Friday, December 25, 2009

Mom's Bragging on Some Pretty Neat Kids!

Merry Christmas! For those that may be in the tropics - which is pretty much anyone not in western Iowa today - we are buried in snow. Drifts waist high and probably 15-18 inches of snow. More on the way today. Yeah for a white Christmas, bummer cause no one is able to make it here for Christmas dinner but all the kids are home (at least until 2:00 when we attempt to get Alison to her job 13 miles away).

Because I'm no longer under stress of cooking I decided to sit down and share one of my gifts with you and brag on my kids. I knew Sydney was planning something that involved a lot of people but at Christmas you don't ask too many questions. It's neat to have a 16 year old plan, make and really put love into a gift for you and if she can involve her little brothers' cooperation even better.

Lucas and Eli have been running around for the past week or so saying "secret", giggle, giggle.

Again don't ask questions at Christmas. When we got home last night the three of them couldn't wait any longer and wanted me to open a gift. The result is up above. Pretty neat gift and kids. The words are hard to read in the picture so they are posted below. Made my Christmas - Happy Holidays!
When Mommy saw your picture, I think she knew that her two sons were the both of you!
We traveled to a land so far away - it took 24 hours - an entire day.
Mommy's eyes glistened when you were in her arms, for she knew you were safe from any harm.
Mommy's expression was hard to hide and some of her rules you don't like to abide.
But everything will be okay, I know it's true, because you now have a family that loves you!
Sydney Pickle 12/25/09

No comments:

Post a Comment