Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sundays with "Lola" Dona Mae and Family



Sunday is usually the day that we try to get down to visit my mother at her assisted living apartment. This week we've been there a couple times, a get to know you visit, a broken chair repair and return visits and then today's.

For those that don't know my mom lives just a few blocks from my work at the top of this big hill. As we go (even if we aren't headed to Mom's) the boys will give step by step directions to get to Lola Dona's. (Lola means Grandma) Can you say back seat drivers times two?
Anyway today we arrived right after my nephew and his family left and just in time to see my niece and her family. It's kind of strange but interesting to see a family come full circle. I'm the youngest and was pretty much raised with my older nieces and nephews. Mom was big on Sunday dinners and pretty much anytime was family time. Now that she's no longer able to prepare the Sunday dinners and has a hard time hearing and seeing she still manages to hold the babies and enjoy the little ones.

I'm glad she's still here to see her newest grandkids and is excited to see them as they are to see Lola Dona.

2 comments:

  1. Let me first say....I LOVE the new family picture! It looks so complete :) How fun for the boys to meet their grandma's...what a blessing for all of you! Enjoy your first holiday together as a family. I am sure the boys will love it!!!! Do they know yet what is to come with Santa?!?!?! Take care! Happy Thanksgiving!

    Leslie D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, what a wonderful family photo.... and the first of many, many to come thru the years! Congratulations to your whole family, Lori. (o: So happy for all of you!
    Sarah Mether

    ReplyDelete