Sunday, November 22, 2009

Lollipops and Pacifiers

Okay - I've been saving this one but since I posted the picture below with my great nephew, my mom and the boys I thought it was a good time to tell a story on one of my "well-meaning" - I will get you back - friend from work.

Dawn is the school nurse where I work and the head of the nutrition police at school, she is also a former nurse in our pediatrician's office and was there at the airport when we got back from the Philippines. Being the every observant and oh so helpful person that she is, she noticed that the boys were fascinated by the ring pops my great nieces had (suckers that are attached to a ring the kid wears until it's gone or such a mess the parent pries it from their protesting fingers.)

So on our way to the first pediatrician's visit last week, we stopped by my office to let the boys see "my school". Again I should have had the camera as one look at Dawn's face said she had something up her sleeve or in this case in her office for the boys. Yep - ring pops - red ring pops, right before the doctors visit. Needless to say I have access to Dawn's youngest son and their will be reprisal of caffeine and sugar. For some reason she seems to have forgotten I will be returning to work the first of February and I have a long memory.

We went to Mom's today as told below and you'll see a picture with my great nephew and his pacifier in his mouth. It didn't stay there long. The boys number one are in love with babies and two they thought this baby had a "lolly pop". No explanation worked until Eli took the pacifier out and looked it over. Put it back in Landyn's mouth and declared "NO Lolly pop" then he and Lucas proceeded to give Landyn the most pitying look as if to say poor baby doesn't even get candy. Thanks Dawn - way to corrupt an entire generation!

1 comment: