Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Packing and Planning...

"Two weeks should be plenty of time to pack 3 suitcases for 3 people."
"How much can suitcases weigh when you fly internationally?"
"Who's picking us up at the airport in Manila at 11:00 p.m.?"
"What time is our appointment to meet the boys?"
"Why is it taking me 3 days and counting to pack one suitcase?"
I really thought that once we reached this point that I'd have had this part down as I've had a lot of time to think about this. But these past two days trying to figure out what to pack for the 3 of us and what items to take with us for the boys has really jammed my brain. Could be that I'm also obsessing about finishing sub plans at work and trying to keep things on an even keel with day to day stuff until we leave. Let's see there's Halloween, Rachel traveling this week-end, Sydney in the high school play the night before we fly out and Alison and troups to install in the house for house sitting duty. Plus did I mention the PACKING which at the moment has exploded into the boys' room as it seemed to be the most out of traffic area. Good plan but now I can't stand that their room which was all set and cleaned is now ground zero. I know, I know it will come together and I won't remember this after they get home. Then I also have the reassurance of friends with sons that this is to become a permanent state of housekeeping --I'll strive for a happy medium. 12 days and counting......

No comments:

Post a Comment