Wednesday, October 28, 2009

How Come I Always Have the Most Stuff?


I'm not sure how but no matter how few items I set out to pack my suitcase is always overloaded. Sitting on the bed my stack of clothes looked no bigger than the piles for Mike and Sydney, yet when loaded into the 3 suitcases mine is level full while I was able to put items for the boys in both Mike's and Syd's. My good intentions of only taking the minimum amount of clothes always gets over-ruled by the part of me that hates not having an option in case of bad weather, bad mood, change of plans, change of mood...you kind of see where this is headed. As long as I keep it under 44 lbs my suitcase is ok right up until I'm at the end of 30 hours of no sleep trying to drag this suitcase through a foreign airport and that's if we're lucky and our suitcases aren't m.i.a. Anyway the suitcases are loaded (yes a week early but it won't matter cause by the time we reach Manila it's all a wadded up mess anyway). I do feel better about the preparations than I did last night. At least there is progress and now you can walk into the boys room - you just can't see the beds as that's where the suitcases are!

No comments:

Post a Comment