Wednesday, August 14, 2013

I Thought We'd At Least Make One Game

I tried to be brave.  I relinquished and let the boys go out for football.  They (and I mean mainly me) survived nearly 3 weeks of practice with the first game slated for this coming Saturday.....

Then came a friends birthday party and of course what do a bunch of preteen, mainly football boys do?  Play a friendly game......without equipment.  They had fun, I'll say that, but unfortunately for Lucas it didn't end well.  He fractured his ankle, thus the lovely air cast you see below.  

You wouldn't know it by the photo but he is one seriously depressed kid.  He goes back in 10 days for another x-ray to see what, if anything they need to do.  Hopefully it starts healing on its own.

Mike took him into the doctor and on the way home they stopped in at my work to talk.  Luke was so disgusted, "Mom!  The crack is only this long!  I said, "Lucas, hold your fingers down by your ankle, that may not look like much in front of your face but on top of your ankle 2 1/2 inches is a long crack."  I have to say that may have ranked right up there with one of the best visual lessons I've given him. 

I will also note later in his life that I did not freak out (at least not where he saw) about football and the hazards of it.  



1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, Lori. I haven't been checking blogs for quite awhile. When did the boys turn into men???? They are absolutely gorgeous. Are the girls calling yet???

    ReplyDelete