Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Wow! We're Not 2

I spoke about doubling the number of children (today I am calling them ALL children) we have in the house during college summer break.  The view has switched from introducing boys into the household when Lucas and Eli came home to reintroducing girls back after being away for college during the year.

So far everyone has done fairly well with a few bumps in the road....no one has locked anyone in a closet...it's been a successful transition.

This morning was the day for an all out house cleaning project which involved every child in the house.  It didn't take long for the bickering to begin.   We all range from those possessing OCD tendencies to the easily distracted (unmotivated).  

I have to say I'm pretty good at keeping 2 kids (Lucas and Eli) moving constructively forward, add the 3rd and 4th adult children (Rachel and Sydney) and things become more opinionated on how things are being done.  At one point the boys were breezing through tasks and I was working in the laundry room with Lucas.  The girls apparently hit a snag (also known as two college kids learning to live together) and as sisters do they disagreed....vocally...and loudly.  Lucas looked over at me and said, "Wow Mom!  They sound like Eli and me but we aren't 2 years old anymore...how old are they?"

I'm pretty sure it was a good thing the girls couldn't hear us laughing....that would have been another issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment