Sunday, March 31, 2013

She's Impressed "The Brothers"

I once again had a post forming in my mind of Easter preparations....they were interrupted by a life moment. Imagine that.

We finally had everything under control in the kitchen on Saturday, Eli was getting cleaned up to go to a birthday party, Lucas was on dog walking patrol and Rachel and Sydney were finally free to go about their day (having been chained to the kitchen for cooking duty :)

A person knows they have a performing arts college student in your home when everyone and I mean everyone (I apologize to the surrounding community) can hear her screams as if she has just sustained a compound fracture.

No there were no limbs severed, blood or fight involved.  It was Sydney spotting the smallest field mouse on the planet....thus the ear shattering screams.  Mike ran in from outside, by the time Rachel and I made it to the top of the stairs, Lucas and Eli had it all in hand....literally.
Then we hear, "don't worry Syd, we'll get it, jeesh!"  "see look Eli catched it"  "jeesh Syd, it's just a tiny mouse".  After Sydney's heart reentered her chest and the rest of us were able to hear better and Eli had washed his hands (by mom demand) he (on his way out the door to the party) says,  "Wow! Syd, that was a good scream, I've never heard ANYTHING like that before."

All I could think was my dad would have been so impressed by Eli's ability to catch a mouse with his bare hands cause I'm pretty sure he heard me scream like that a few times and would have appreciated a kid who could take care of the problem instead of screaming down the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment