Monday, February 4, 2013

Last Female Standing

Last night during the Super Bowl football game, as I sat in the upstairs living room, enjoying a mushy movie, by myself, I had the epiphany that I am the only female left in the house on a regular basis and the only sane person of either gender.

How did I come to this wonderful realization?  Let me tell you.  It was as I turned up the volume on my movie for the fifth time and realized it was over 1/2 way to the max.  No I'm not that deaf.  The volume of cheering, screaming, shouting and grunts coming from the family room which was taken over by the majority, male population of our house, was responsible for my shutting off my movie, grabbing a book and shutting myself in the bedroom.

I may be the only female left standing in our house right now but I'm also the only person not seriously depressed today because their team lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment