Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Child Care Guilt

I'm still playing catch up on all those posts that I wanted to write during our hectic summer and start to school.
I remembered this one as I dropped the boys at our before/after school daycare program.

Once again I realize how spoiled we were when the girls were little as I was able to be a stay at home mom and was there to take them to school and be home when they were done for the day.  SPOILED!  For anyone out there who has the luxury please know you and your kids are fortunate.

We planned for the boys to attend the school child care program when Sydney went to college.  She has graciously and sometime reluctantly provided chauffeur and chaperon duty since the boys came home 3 years ago.  On August 15 that came to an end and we all experienced our first daycare situation from a non family member.  

How did it go?  The boys left me in the dust at the doorway, off to play with friends.  As I drove out of the parking lot I felt like I had just put them back into the orphanage.  Irrational, I know.  Not the same at all, I know.  Mom guilt big time!  Needless to say 2 1/2 weeks later, they are still thrilled to go everyday.  As for my guilt, lessened a lot but still that little bit of sadness as I head to work.  Eli's view of the whole thing?  "Mom!  I am fine, go to work, I will be here.  Goodbye!"

No comments:

Post a Comment