Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Request from "The Boys"

This post will most likely be somewhat disjointed. I'm typing it but Lucas and Eli are writing it. I ordered a hardcover book of the entire blog for the boys for Christmas. They love to look back over the posts and pictures and talk about everything. In some ways it's our version of a life book. The book is a surprise for them so please don't mention it if you run across them before Christmas.

Today was a double basketball game day for us. The boys and their teammates won both games. Yeah! Losses are not good! NOT GOOD! so says the Filipino Duo.

On the way home Lucas piped up and said he wanted to write something on the computer (blog).
He said to say, " Thank you. I likes America. I remember Philippines. I learn a lot of new things here. I know lots of boys and friends....girls too." (Mom note...girls preoccupy him a lot!)

Eli wanted to say, "I'm good here. I do lots of things. I never get to do in Philippines."
They both want you to know that it is snowing in Iowa today. Since about 10:00 this morning we have accumulated 6 inches and it's still heavy. It's 1:30 p.m. (Mom note again...snow days are like child birth you forget what it's really like until your smack dab in the middle of it....then you remember!)

They wanted to show you pictures of their basketball game but like a bad parent I forgot the camera. I will try again next week. I think you will be amazed at both of their growth spurts in the last month. I didn't realize until they came to school and my coworkers were commenting on how tall they were getting. Where does the time go? I know it doesn't go swiftly on snow days....trust me.

1 comment: