Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Don't Know This Boy

Eli. He looks like the same son we've known for nearly 2 years. But today I'm not sure I know him at all. Today he announced that he has 3 "wiggled" teeth. That is not the oddity. The oddity came when he dictates that I make him a dentist appointment so "his" guy can give him smelly stuff, he can watch Sponge Bob overhead and have his "guy" take out the 3 wigglers.

Is this the same kid who had to be physically held to have a doctor look at his ears and throat, is it the same kid that we had to go through 3 dentists in order to find THE "GUY" that he now so surprisingly requests to visit? Let's revisit November 2009....you can go back and find my posts. After 5 kids and a gazillion doctor visits, I was pretty sure Eli was the kid who beat me, Mike and our collection of medical professionals as the one least likely to ever welcome a visit to their offices.

Again this conversation happened in the car at 60 miles per hour. I also think Eli secretly wants to know what really happens when I run off the road. He's always looking for a new experience. My new experience is just trying to survive a road trip to the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment