Monday, June 6, 2011

"It's My Birthday!"



This was the battle cry from Eli for much of this past week-end. Yes, it was indeed his 10th birthday on Saturday but due to baseball games and graduations we had his party on Sunday. He totally thought that was about the coolest birthday ever.

I am hard pressed to remember any kid who enjoyed himself more and was so absolutely thrilled that people knew about his birthday and came to his party. Somewhere in the 2 day celebrations he did revise his battle cry to encompass, "It's MY birthday and it's everything I want!"
This involved gifts, playing, eating, bossing his siblings (which was more successful with some than others) and water sliding. Even though I found and heard myself pulling him off the edge of no return several times I was in awe of the absolute joy on his face. Happy Birthday Eli - hope you always have all you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment