Friday, April 1, 2011

Mohawk's Are Not For These Kids.....

thank goodness! This is one mom who did not, would not and will not ever have my kids sporting this particular fashion. Oh I'm fully aware that at some point and age I will be vetoed but for now I like to pretend I'm in control. At some point they will probably have longer hair than their standard trim but it's a ways down the road and further into my senility. Eli and Lucas have been infatuated with having Mohawks since they saw their first one in the airport on the way home from the Philippines. It was one of the first things Eli would pantomime wanting. This mom could play real dumb, unfortunately in this instance they learned the cuts' name and frequently tortured me (I'm the cheap person who cuts their hair nearly every week) with requests for the beloved Mohawk. We've let their hair grow for the past 3 weeks to see who would give in first.....depending on your view point the challenge ended tonight. With baseball and soccer season upon us they had to have hair cuts. So Eli was the first to go under the shears. I don't know why but I gave him a Mohawk. He had no clue until Mike came in and noticed what I was doing. Let's just say, Mike had been playing Switzerland on the Mohawk debate (good cop vs. mom cop) until he was faced with the reality. His reaction gave Eli a clue that something was not normal on his head. He ran to the mirror to look at the much anticipated locks.....yep.....he was mortified and demanded that it be removed IMMEDIATELY! His words, "I don't like it!" I didn't have to be asked twice. Lucas too opted to not mention the much requested style. He thought that he'd stick with the usual. Ha! Chalk one up for mom!

1 comment: