Friday, April 22, 2011

The Eggs They Are A'Hatching

Easter is quickly approaching and I'm scrambling to get all the pieces together. Last year....I remember last years' Easter....egg dying.....well they had fun.

They can't wait for a repeat performance. I had the day off from school today so I boiled the eggs to use for dyeing. Again, did I mention they can't wait. I've explained the eggs have to cool and we won't dye them until late afternoon.

Regardless of this, Eli checks the cooling eggs every 10 minutes. I was throwing some laundry in when I hear a screech from the kitchen. Ok. It wasn't the noise that tells you someone has just sliced off an appendage but still required checking.

Eli met me in the doorway to tell me the eggs were hatching! I was pretty confident this was not the case as they'd just been boiled for 10 minutes. He thought the 2 eggs that had cracked while cooling were in deed going to produce baby chickens. Yep. That was not a fun explanation.

1 comment: