Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Art of Selective Male Hearing and It's Limitations

It's a well known phenomenon of the males of the human species (at least by the female humans) that they acquire, develop and claim an auditory anomaly not developed (girls keep it real) by females.......selective hearing. Mike is so very proud of both his sons as they are practicing and developing this wonderful male skill at a high rate of speed. I can say something (anything really) and then I have to say it at least 3 more times before either Lucas or Eli acknowledge that I've spoken. Especially true if it's something they don't want to hear. Tonight I was teasing Lucas about his bedtime and that he misread the clock and that it was actually his bedtime. He was in the other room when I made the comment. He shot out of his room, looked at the clock and said, "No! It's 7:30 not 8:30." I said, "Wow. Lucas, why did I only have to say that once and you heard me the first time?" His answer, "Because. You are my mom, I have to listen to you." Hmmmm, wonder who I am all those other times I'm speaking and repeating and repeating.....

No comments:

Post a Comment