Saturday, January 8, 2011

Put K Not C

"Mom! Put K not C....I read it......it should be K not C!" What? This is the breakfast time announcement, pronouncement or disgusted with the English language tirade I experienced from Eli this morning.

He had finished breakfast and was putting his coat and mittens on to go outside and feed the dogs. He was reading the words on his new gloves.....as he is very proud of reading and being able to figure words out on signs, clothing, cars, whatever. This morning the gloves were under scrutiny. They have a guitar with the word ROCK on them. Thus, his long winded, very loud explanation of why it should have just a K, why did it have a C, the C doesn't do anything and that it shouldn't be there.
  1. I did not have my coffee yet
  2. I did mention this is all shouted at high decibel
  3. He would not let it go
  4. I did NOT have my coffee yet
  5. I got him different gloves
There are just some things that you can not explain to an outraged, nine year old on the verge of some sort of nuclear meltdown over the utter lack of common sense in the English language...especially early in the morning without MY COFFEE!

No comments:

Post a Comment