Tuesday, January 18, 2011

He's Pink

When I get home from work, almost every day, Lucas has something that he wants me to explain to him. Usually it's something from school, about friends or missed social cues. His brain must be so tired at the end of a day, I can't imagine.

One of the things he thought was a total mystery was that one of his best friends' face turns red when he laughs. According to Lucas, his friend laughs a lot. Okay after we talked about skin color and blushing and all that it entails, he looks at me and asks, "but he's okay?" Poor kid probably thought his friend had an incurable skin issue.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this, Lori. I used to teach in the inner city. All my students were Hispanic or African American. They were fascinated beyond words at how my skin could change color. They used to love to press their fingers on my arms and watch a white print appear and then change back to my original skin color.

    ReplyDelete