Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Sound of Music


It is kind of hard to put this particular post into words as it revolves around the evolution of music. No not from Mozart to Owl City but the evolution of music into Eli's world.
Lucas has been full of music and dance (and a few other things) from the very beginning. Michael Jackson moves were his favorite. He would hum and sing and ham it up.

Eli was (and I strongly emphasize was) our quiet one, at least regarding music. Eli just had a harder road to travel in the Philippines than Lucas. I don't think he ever felt that he had much to sing about. He liked to listen to Lucas' cd's but
wasn't interested to have any of his own or to try to sing along.

I was working in the kitchen this past week and heard the most beautiful, off key, kind of tone deaf singing coming from the boys' room. Eli was singing what I can only describe as church, school and pop music all in one song. I think he mixed every song he'd heard in the last 10 months and composed his own version. Since then, in the car, outside or in the shower he sings. I wish the people who gave him no reason to sing in his early years could hear the joy he sings about now.
The upper photo was a month before we went to the Philippines to bring the boys home, the lower was from this past week-end when he finally felt it was okay for him to sing.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww...Lori...your made me cry! As someone who is surrounded by song everyday from my Filipina princess, I totally get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great transformation. It is so wonderful to watch our kids grow and change in a positive way. Keep up the singing in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, this brought tears to my eyes! It's so awesome to see how much Eli has changed from the beginning. I'm so glad that he has found joy that is coming out in song!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. God puts a song into each one of our hearts, bless you and your family for helping Eli to find his!!!

    ReplyDelete