Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Year Ago Today....

It was one year ago today that I got a call from Kristine at Holt to tell us that we had received the "official" ICAB approval to adopt the boys and that they would be transferred to Manila by the 16th of July 2009.

It still amazes me that I can remember specifically where we all were, what was going on, the weather (really important I know) and this was the moment that we had waited 6 months to hear had arrived.

I have a lot of friends out there that have had to or are waiting so much longer. How they continue to wait with grace, hope, humor and more than their share of aggravation but continue to bring their child that one day closer to them, is truly the stuff wonderful families are made of!

2 comments:

  1. You will ALWAYS remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when you got that call!!! How exciting! I remember both our calls--18 years ago and 6 years ago--like they were yesterday!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you can remember everything about that moment...as though it was frozen in time! I hope you enjoyed your special day!

    ReplyDelete