Thursday, July 22, 2010

Who Sat In That Chair?

Suppertime deep thinking once again.

Lucas is fascinated and fixated on everyone sitting in the same place at the table for meals. On Sunday Alison came home for lunch so we added a chair to the table and everyone jiggled places. Lucas sat there for a few minutes and turned to me and asked, "You come get me in Philippines to sit here?" So started the conversation of remembering their trip home and answering questions on how and why we "picked" them.

He sat and digested the information along with his supper and then did the whole this is my place to sit, this is Dad's place to sit, etc. Then he asked where everyone sat before they came to America, so I told him and he realized that left 1 empty chair. He asked who sat there. I said no one. Again the thinking. Than in all his 10 year old rationalizing mind said, "You come get us to sit in the chairs!" Well not the most mitigating reason for having them join the family. We revisited the whole why we adopted the boys and then he pipes up one last time, "I KNOW Mom, but now I sit here!" - OK

No comments:

Post a Comment