Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Craziness and Mom Guilt

Well we definitely have hit the summer crazy schedules.....Hard! I'm finishing up my last week of work until I head back the last week of July. That 5 weeks are going to fly.

I don't know what I would have done without Rachel and Sydney since school let out. They have been the chief transportation, daycare, coaches and housekeepers during the work day. And remarkably no one has been tied up, thrown out or lost....I'm not going to say that there hasn't been a whole lot of teasing from all parties and probably a few threats of "I'm telling Mom!"

I keep telling myself everyone will be fine for one more week but mom guilt stinks. I feel guilty about the girls watching the boys, I feel guilty about not being home when the kids are home, I feel guilty when I'm at work about everything and I feel guilty when I can't do the swim lessons, the baseball practices, the car hunting (Rachel's bit the dust) and yes I know I have an over inflated opinion of my vital necessary presence in each of these situations but the one and only wonderful thing about mother guilt is.....it doesn't have to make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment