Saturday, May 15, 2010

"This is MY Mom"

Friday was extremely busy around here as the last couple posts give you a glimpse. Yesterday at the track and field, Mike, Rachel and I were busy running between the Lucas and Eli's events to try to catch each of them.

Many times it's in one of these "new" situations that the boys are learning for the first time that they also manage to teach and surprise us.

Each time I came into the vicinity of Lucas he would run up, grab my arm and drag me to his classmates and say to them, "This is MY mom!" First time I was surprised (I've met some of these boys before) the second time he says, "I have a mom." He'd point to Rachel and say, "Rachel my sister." Ate' has been replaced with sister. He really wanted to make sure that his friends knew he had a family. This was his first foray into introducing us to someone instead of us introducing him.

For a group of 9 year old boys to patiently be introduced to a mom and sister they are a pretty neat bunch of kids. They probably wondered why Lucas thought it was so special but it's good that they just envelope him as being just like the crowd. It was kind of nice for me (cause I know this too will not last) that my son thought it was neat to have a Mom......I know the teenage years await.

No comments:

Post a Comment