Friday, April 9, 2010

Things We Never Thought To Hear or Be Able to Accomplish!

Well a short-long 5 months ago we didn't think we'd get to a milestone that we've reached tonight (at least not this soon). And we even managed more than one. The boys started baseball practice and soccer this past week. Much excitement...except for the cleats....they definitely have the opinion that they play better in bare feet....sorry guys.

Anyway tonight at supper Eli, our understated guy, announces, "Me no want chicken, beef!" Ok for those unfamiliar with Lucas and Eli chicken is (or was) the holy grail of food. I am so unbelievably grateful for this change in dietary preference I can't explain, wait until their sister's hear!

The next pronouncement, again from Eli, "Mom, me tired, (someday we'll get the word I in his vocabulary) me shower, pajamas now." Huh? Never once in the entire past 5 months since arriving home have I heard either of them say they were tired. Sports exhaustion is my new bedtime friend.

And to cap of this evenings epiphanies, they both let me sit and rub their skin lotion in without complaint. Our weather is murder on their skin but having to slather on lotion is not "guy" stuff as I've been informed numerous times. For those of you reading that are parenting adopted kids you will understand that touch is so important and such a trust thing that tonight when I realized we were sitting on the living room floor rubbing in lotion to feet, hands, arms, legs and backs without a word of complaint and no squirming, I thought wow look how far we've come. Like all parents you anticipate a certain event or milestone and then when it occurs you are totally broadsided.

And for any naysayers out there, I chose to believe Lucas and Eli enjoyed this time and were relaxed and not just too exhausted to protest!

No comments:

Post a Comment