Wednesday, March 17, 2010

MOM ees hot!

These were the screams I heard when getting out of the car upon arriving home from work. We had our first "warmer" day today - 48 degrees - whoo hoo! Tomorrow it's suppose to be 65. The boys were so excited.

It struck me as a little odd that two kids from the Philippines should think that 48 is hot - goes to show just how long and cold this winter has been. Lucas was so convinced that summer was here and he would never have to wear his winter coat again. Sorry bud the weather man says rain and snow on Friday - yeah for the Midwest in March.

I finally broke the news to him at supper. Never a camera handy but his mouth dropped open and he screams (everything is screamed) NO! I HATE SNOW! Again it struck me funny that for kids who were so excited about their first snow they have truly joined with the rest of us that say enough is enough!

4 comments:

  1. I just love your blog! Your posts about the boys and what their learning make me burst out laughing sometimes. What smart sweet boys! It makes me wonder at how much our home is going to change in another year or so.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny...Jay-R has become tired of snow, too. He told me that he hated snow, too! He was so happy, too, the first warm day we had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll make Iowans out of them soon enough! Both my tropical girls (Philippines and Thailand) hate the heat. Last year while we were in the Philippines (HER homeland), Becky moaned and groaned the entire time about how hot she was. Lily loves to have ice cold water dumped on her head in the bathtub and she giggles hysterically at cold breezes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have had our first March on record without snow and Shella May is glad for that! I can only imagine their disappointment of having snow again and having to wear their jackets again because I would feel the same way. I hate those last bursts of winter. I hope they enjoy their summer when it finally comes.

    ReplyDelete