Thursday, March 4, 2010

Men of the House

Apparently I have two little boys who think women need a man to "take care of them." Mike was at a meeting last night, Sydney went into church youth group. That left Lucas, Eli and myself alone for the evening.

From the time Mike left for the meeting, through supper, book reading, tv time, showers and bedtime they oh so helpfully instructed me on how to do everything. Very detailed, very regimented to the point I wanted to say - "Look I'm not new!"

TV watching even involved instructions. Mommy you sit here, then they sat on either side of me, put pillows around me and sat quietly (that doesn't happen) for the entire show. Now the quiet was enjoyable but I kind of felt like they thought I was either too senile to handle being responsible for them or that I was a ticking time bomb waiting to detonate. Either way I snuck some cuddle time in without them realizing! Ha! Who's senile!

No comments:

Post a Comment