Saturday, March 27, 2010

I Said Stop It!

Today was a test of endurance or stupidity on my part. I took Eli, Lucas, Sydney, Rachel and myself for haircuts at two different places, then to lunch. Did I mention by myself? Now granted Syd and Rachel are fairly well in control until you add the "brother" factor.

They along with Alison have great fun in teaching them little"humorous" (translation - annoying) things while on car trips. Sounds, songs, phrases you name it they teach it. Then at times we add the sibling irritation to the equation where none of the four can look at any of the others without becoming disgusted.

Anyway Rachel and Sydney do a very nice job of trying to teach the boys correct grammar, letter sounds, etc. Ok I will be the first to admit partly because they want to be sure people (mainly Mike and I) understand clearly all their "cute" things they teach them. Needless to say their English is coming along and for the most part people can understand them. Even when we wish they couldn't.

Sometimes to add that little brother irritation factor they speak VERY broken English to the girls and tell them they don't understand, then giggle like crazy. Well today this had been going on for some time until the guys got on each others nerves and Lucas very clearly looked at Eli with an "I said to stop it right now!" Where then Eli shouts, "You don't scream at me!" ~ "You stop touching me now!" "Sydney help me!" (Sydney was of no help to either as she was howling with laughter.)

This is amusing on so many fronts;
  1. They argued in English
  2. I practically caused a wreck in city traffic from laughing (not funny at the time ~ probably not funny now either)
  3. Sydney's follow up comment of, "Mom you don't need to worry about them learning English just keep them irritated and it's perfect." (thanks for that)
  4. How they can scream full force at each other, sounding like death is imminent and then go back to playing with one another in under a minute.

I do not understand a little boys' mind~


No comments:

Post a Comment