Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh! Mommy You Sick?


Yep. Nothing freaks Lucas out as much as Mike or I not feeling well. I've had a nasty head and chest cold for the past 4 days and a headache that doesn't stop. Needless to say talking hasn't been something I'm doing a lot of right now and he's all about talking (loudly).

I must have looked particularly crummy Monday as he looks at me and says, "Mommy, you no good." Huh? He must have realized that didn't come out quite right as he backed up and said, "sorry, you sick?" Ok, I'll take that. Eli must have gotten the drift as I've gotten more hugs from him over the past several days. I'll just be glad if they don't get this stuff.

Last night Lucas instructed me, "you stay bed, sleep." He's not past that whole "take care of everybody" thing. I think I'll try cotton in my ears to deaden the sound when they get home today.

1 comment:

  1. I know this is a bit late :), but we had the same problem.

    We brought two older kids home (8 and 13) from Ethiopia last summer and two months later my husband had pink eye and had to miss work. Since we homeschool, they noticed he was home and pretty much freaked out.

    We have no figured out that they thought he would lose his job or die. In Ethiopia, if a parent loses their job, the family becomes homeless or the kids have to work.

    Our Filipino children (they are 12 and 10 and have been home for 3 years)have also confirmed that if a parent stays home from work, it means they have no job or are about to die.

    ReplyDelete