Sunday, January 10, 2010

No Go Back Philippines - Even When You Get In Trouble

That's the million dollar question for Lucas these days. He's testing the boundaries which is good as he's becoming comfortable enough to try and bad cause there are consequences to the testing which he's not in favor of.

Tested the boundaries all week-end with me (how'd I draw the lucky straw?) and finally exceeded my maximum allowable point of no return. Got chewed on by me and then we talked about it with Dad as he decided he'd continue the behavior. (Talking to Dad about bad behavior is about as bad as it gets for him as they are buddies). After that discussion there was the usual few minutes of silence and then he pipes up and asks, "I go back to Philippines now?"

Well okay then......made mom and dad feel like dirt......may have been the idea too. We then sat and explained that this isn't like when they went to live in Manila for a few months, they are here with us forever, no matter how many times they get in trouble and we love them even when we are mad. Lucas' answer to this, "OK, I stay here, America with you forever." I'm really sure we'll be having this discussion a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Lori, I just read your past several posts and can so relate to many of the issues. I did only bring home one little one from the Philippines, but he has an older brother who seems to irritate more than help some days. We, too, have had snow, minor snow, but in the south it messes school up and this is the third snow day. He is ready and needing a daily routine more than we have had during the Christmas break and snow days, but I want to enjoy every moment with them because the routine means mom goes back to work. Keep the posts coming. I am enjoying them. Bobbye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy reading your blog. I can relate, too. Jay-R has been home with us 10 months now...wow, it has gone fast! But I remember the early days of boudary testing and the fits. It has gotten much better as time has gone by. I think it took time for him to really believe that he was staying with us forever no matter what. Hang in there! The behavior can really test one's patience!!!!

    ReplyDelete