Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A Rocky Start But Overall Success?

Well day 2 of school had the potential to be a bad deal. We (meaning Eli and myself) had a little rocky start beginning with the removal of a band aid and ending with a chunk of hair cut out of his noggin by no other than Himself.

Let me back up, last night Eli took a tumble and scraped the back of his head. After receiving "raising boys" advice (Chris and Dawn) and seeing more than a fair share of head bleeding at work I cleaned it up but as head cuts do it continued to bleed so short of wrapping his entire head in gauze I stupidly put a band aid on it and let him sleep with it on.

I should have let him go to school with a band aid glued in the middle of the back of his head but no Mom that I am tried to take it out. He objected loudly for 40 minutes, even when I'd stopped after 3 minutes. Talk about one ticked off kid. So while we were waiting for calm to return I got the scissors out thinking, again I don't know where my brain went, that when we were under control I'd clip it out. Before I could get my hands out of the dishwater Eli walked up beside me grabbed the scissors and performed his own band aid extraction. No I don't have a picture of the bald spot!

We did manage to make it to school on time and by all teacher reports for the day they had a good one. I on the other hand had to visit my work place for a dose of adult behavior (yes you people are suppose to act like adults!) So thank you to all of you who have returned my questionable sanity.

The boys are safely tucked into bed - injury free, band aid free and snoring. Next time, because I'm assured there will be a next time, there is a head cut the gauze is coming out and they'll look like they are wearing a helmet.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and hope to spend some time reading more. I love your family picture. It is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy that they are in school and hopefully will have success in a little something each day. Keep me posted. Kathy

    ReplyDelete