Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Who's Easier To Take To The Pediatrician?

Something I've never really contemplated too much.....until this afternoon at 4:30 p.m. when we finally made it back to the car with two of the most "unhappy" little men on the face of the planet (or at least in west Omaha).
Lucas had to have 5 "injections" - his word and Eli had 4. I'm pretty sure the nurses probably had a couple shots after work of their own - well deserved I might add. Thank God our pediatrician (at least I hope she's still our pediatrician) and her wonderful staff handled it as well as possible.

I'm going to have to get a whole lot braver to ever attempt to take them to the doctor by myself. I don't remember being so upset when the girls had their shots? Is this the beginning of selective memory? The girls will tell you yes!

Guess I'll get to find out on Thursday as they have to make a return trip for a couple more tests they were unable to complete today due to equipment malfunction? Now really did the equipment stop or were the techs traumatized too severely to continue?

So my theory is that a herd of kangaroos would be easier to take to the pediatrician than the boys are or will be. They've seen way too many doctors and needles in their short lives and I definately know it will be a loooooong time before we will not be conducting round up in the doctors office parking lot when they see where we've taken them again!
In short trauma of any kind is horrible...but when it involves kids it's horrendous beyond words!

No comments:

Post a Comment