Sunday, November 29, 2009

Today's Favorites Are....


After your kids get to be a certain age you kind of forget what the really good toys are. Lucas and Eli have reminded us big time today.

We set the Christmas tree up Friday night and of course all the decorations and boxes are all over the place. The first reminder came when Eli came up missing (does it sound like we misplace the boys alot? I just tend to write more about these times). Let me back up, Eli has definitely found his voice over the past 4 days. He's constantly singing, yelling, talking, yelling or making "boy" noises that are beyond description. Anyway, in all of the Christmas mess he suddenly disappeared. I turned to ask Rachel if she'd seen him lately, I looked at her and she's grinning and glancing to the now empty Christmas tree box. I must admit I thought about seeing how long he could last but temptation got the better of me so I asked Lucas to help take the box outside, he grabbed one end and the box giggled, Lucas jumped back - not quite as good as the camel jump in the Philippines - but did clear away from the box. Out popped Eli. He was hysterical and kept the hiding game up until we'd all "found" him repeatedly.

The second toy of the day came when the now empty decoration boxes had to be hauled back to the machine shed. Lucas brought me one last box that Mike had unearthed from the back corner and as I turn to carry it in the house I hear another shriek, turn back around and Lucas is giving Eli a ride on the two wheel cart that Mike had him use to bring me the box. Ok I can see how this could be fun except once again they chose the hill in front of the house to use for their race track and were fearless of their speed. I didn't have to play the mean parent as apparently Mike gave them instructions on the proper use of a two wheeled cart and now they are once again on the bikes.

2 comments:

  1. Boxes are definitely a hit with kids! Jay-R spent a lot of time in our Christmas boxes, too! What a fun Christmas for us both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shella May is fearless also. We really have to remind her of the dangers around her. She even out does our middle son and he lives on the dangerous side.

    ReplyDelete