Friday, November 13, 2009

Famous

I never would have guessed that being famous would be hard work. I am quickly finding out that here I am a hot item. Apparently having blue eyes makes you a movie star. Over the course of the week I've had several people come up to me and say, "You so beautiful..." and then give me this look of awe. Well, while we were at The Peoples' Palace, there were several girls staring at me and smiling, in return I smiled back and they all giggled. Next thing I know I turn around and they were trying to sneak pictures of me, I just gave a friendly laugh....really half scared. They motioned for me to stay where I was, so I politely did so as they took many pictures of me. We wondered a little bit more through the area and then we met up with them again. Where upon they all started giggling and talking fiercly among themselves. I was with Rhea at the time and so she told me that they wanted to take a picture with me. I figured okay...just one picture it will be fine, so I stop to pose with them. Finally, I got away after a picture with each of them and then a group picture. I think I made their day by stopping to do that for them. I still find it very odd though, "So beautiful...blue eyes...fair skin...you beautiful!!!!" Rhea told me, "I told you that you'd be like a movie star here!" and wow, was she right!!! I have never felt so popular before, and I will never forget their pleased giggles. - Sydney

3 comments:

  1. Sydney you have always been and still are beautiful! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney, You're beautiful no matter where you are in this world!!!! Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a similar experience while in the Philippines. We were spending the day with a pastor's wife (some friends from our hometown church made connections with our sister church in the Philippines). She took us to the Mall of Asia and since she is a senior citizen, we were given a tour of the mall on a golf cart. People were snapping our picture as we drove by. It was a little crazy when you're not used to that attention!

    ReplyDelete