Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Day After... DADDY'S DAY!

This was the first flight of the day out of Manila to Tokyo (a few worried faces)

For those of you who've read the previous blog we all did survive the night although Eli did finish the night sleeping with us. I was just glad to wake up with him standing by the bed saying, "sleep mommy?" Pretty much the first non-ticked off voice I'd heard since the pediatrician. I could live with the elbow in my back for that.

I took a trip to Omaha down to the Holt office and the grocery store. While I was gone Mike and the boys had a daddy's day. First to the park (they've begged everyday to go to the playground at school) then to Burger King (chicken fingers again - yuck!) and then for their first combine ride with Grandpa and Dad.

It's amazing how fast the English and Tagalog come out when they are excited. I pulled in the drive, they were playing basketball (yes there are finally Pickle's who play a sport). They came running up to the Jeep, yelling "Mommy, John Deere, driver, daddy, big, (some Tagalog - I have no idea) daddy, tractor, brrrrrr, (motion of corn coming out of auger), park, shoot ball, play, King, chicken. And thus they summed up their Daddy's Day. (I've not heard any hair raising tales of this outing but there's still time for it to come out.)


1 comment:

  1. Aww! What a fun day for the boys!! It's so neat to see them excited about all the new things they are getting to experience!!!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete