Friday, June 5, 2009

March - May 2009

It is really easy to procrastinate and I'm great at it! I'm posting these after the fact, cause between all the information gathering, meetings and document procurement, not to mention Rachel's graduation I did not start out posting like I wanted to.

We were in a holding pattern for most of April waiting for clearance from the Iowa FBI field office. We finally got the clearance at the end of April. That meant Holt could assign our social worker. Her name is Bonnie and a very easy person to talk with. We had met Bonnie earlier as she was a teacher at our Parents in Process class earlier in April.

We compiled our dossier for the Philippines to receive their official ok - still waiting on that. Dossiers consist of pictures of the family, home, boys' room, outside photos; birth and marriage certificates, letters of reference from our church, employers, friends, guardianship papers, physicals for Mike and I as well as Rachel and Sydney - Alison missed this pleasure as she moved to her own apartment the first of April. Again she says being the oldest still has it's advantages.

Our home study visits were May 18 & 20th. Bonnie and Robyn (intern) came to the house. I have to say the stress of getting ready for graduation and home-study at the same time (Rachel graduated May 17 - Home Study May 18 & 20th) about did me in. I had to laugh when they asked how I felt I handled stress - you've go to be kidding me - I wasn't blubbering in a corner - everything is good!

Had our psychological evaluations that Friday, May 22 in Omaha. The psychologist we found put us at ease and we forwarded as much of our dossier as we had to Holt's Oregon office. Right now we are waiting on the final Home Study to arrive in the mail and the appointment to pick up the psych eval - should be anytime. Then everything is off to the Philippines! On to the U.S. paperwork!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment